My plan is to get a bulldozer operator that can expand the pond to about 1/3 an acre. This will be done by taking the U shaped dam and making it more of an L shape. To keep cost down I talked with neighbors and am finding the bulldozer operator multiple jobs near my place. The operator I chose is fairly local and I have used him on customers lakes before so I trust him greatly.
In the mean time I decided to stock 20 lbs of Mozambique Tilapia to control the chara in the pond until the drought finally breaks and fills it back up. I plan to also fish the pond and remove all the largemouth bass, potentially I may rotenone the pond before summer is over to begin restocking it with baitfish.